Skip to main content

Eat This Emeril...Bam!


I hate Thanksgiving Turkey. There is something about it that just makes me not want anything to do with it. My grandmom always makes a ham for me and my pop pop. This, is kind of like a thanksgiving burger. Kinda! It's a spin off of the ever so famous "turkey burger" which apparently is popular because so many people are health conscious these days.

I admit, I made my resolution to "trim" down this year. Who doesn't? Part of the reason why I make our weekly menus and try to have a vegetarian night is to work on the trimming!

Ok, back to cooking! So this burger has so many delicious flavors. You can eat it on a bun, english muffin or just on some lettuce.

Chop an apple, onion, some celery and add to some melted butter. Cook until tender. Remove from pan. Add ground turkey meat, poultry seasoning, parsley, dijon mustard, 1 egg, bread crumbs (I use whole wheat.) Mash together as you would a regular hamburger. Make into patties. Again, I took the left over, uncooked mixture, wrapped it and froze it. Easy to defrost and make into a patty for a quick dinner on a busy night.

Heat some EVOO in a pan. Add the patties and cook until the center is about 165 degrees. Probably about 15 mins depending upon patty size on med-high heat. You can make into small patties and made sliders. What a great way to entertain..you can make a variety of sliders. What bunch of guys wouldn't like some burgers during the game?!

While the patties are cooking, take a 1/2 a can of cranberry sauce and add some sour cream and chives. Season with S & P. When the patties are close to finished, add cheese. Chop some lettuce and red onion. I used kaiser rolls. When the patties are done, craft your burger. Place the lettuce and onion on the roll, add burger, spoon cranberry sauce over and top with the bun. YUM! I served with a salad and lots of fresh veggies.

Side Note: Most meals that I cook are not only health conscious, but also budget friendly. You don't have to break the bank to make a delicious, restaurant quality meal every night!

Until next time...there are some winners on the menu for next week!

Tomorrow night...leftovers!

Comments

  1. Sounds GREAT! Enjoyed your blog very much. I might even make these turkey burgers for the boys tonight! Sunday night is about the only night I cook.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Introduction

So, have you ever thought that you were destined to do something and from the time you were little you knew it? Think of some famous singers and actors like Mariah Carey and Dakota Fanning (despite only being a teen now)...don't you think that by singing, dancing and/or acting at such a young age made it inevitable that they would become famous? I think that most people in the world fall into their destiny. With the normal facets of life, people gravitate towards what is comfortable via consistency around them, family, friends, etc. When I was barely old enough to talk, my mom decided it was time for me to learn how to go around the room and address everyone by name. Well to the normal 1 year old that would be mom, dad, Lindsay, etc. I went around the room and said "Ma-Ma, Da-Da," and pointed to myself and said, "Ra-Ra." Being that my name is Lindsay I am sure my parents wondered (and we are all still wondering) where I came up with and why I called myself &qu

Time to Catch Up...Chicken Pesto Presto

Ever do nothing...just absolutely nothing you know you should be doing? Prime example....me laying on the couch with my monkey (Vixen) watching Lifetime Movie Network and ignoring the pile of laundry, the empty pantry and the dust collecting on the the furniture...The next day I have to play catch up...cleaning, errands, the norm...Well, it's time for me to do just that...Catch up! Basically, I am going to post a bunch at once! Chicken Pesto Presto - cute name huh? (Thanks RR) This is a really yummy meal and so easy and quite healthy. It reminds me of the chicken my mom always gets at our favorite family restaurant, Arpeggio. So start with chicken breasts. Butterfly them so they look like you are opening a book. Sprinkle with S&P. Put a pot of water to boil on the stove. Add salt. In a food processor combine basil, garlic, parm cheese, S&P, garlic and some lemon zest. Steam in some EVOO. Voila - you made a pesto, minus the pine nuts. For me, they were too

Bon Apetit! Spinach and Artichoke Stuffed Shells

Who doesn't like Italian Food? Looks pretty good huh? And all homemade! This was our vegetarian night. This was really easy and quick. Not to mention not a lot of pots. Take a box of stuffed shells and add about 4 per person to boiling water. Add garlic, EVOO and a box of defrosted chopped spinach to a pan. Put ricotta cheese, rough chopped artichoke hearts, 1 egg yolk and S&P in a bowl. Once spinach mixture is warm, add to ricotta. Add parm cheese and some basil. Toss Quickly! To a casserole dish add a can of whole tomatoes, basil, S&P and butter. Mash tomatoes. When shells are done, spoon the ricotta mixture into the shells and lay into the casserole dish. Sprinkle with parm cheese and cover with foil. Bake at 375 for 20 mins. Then remove the foil and continue baking for 15 mins. Don't worry if you put it in too long. It really can't over cook. You want to make sure the shells are hot. Remember there is a raw egg in the ricotta. When finish