Skip to main content

Will this make me famous?


Search Engine Submission - AddMe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Introduction

So, have you ever thought that you were destined to do something and from the time you were little you knew it? Think of some famous singers and actors like Mariah Carey and Dakota Fanning (despite only being a teen now)...don't you think that by singing, dancing and/or acting at such a young age made it inevitable that they would become famous? I think that most people in the world fall into their destiny. With the normal facets of life, people gravitate towards what is comfortable via consistency around them, family, friends, etc. When I was barely old enough to talk, my mom decided it was time for me to learn how to go around the room and address everyone by name. Well to the normal 1 year old that would be mom, dad, Lindsay, etc. I went around the room and said "Ma-Ma, Da-Da," and pointed to myself and said, "Ra-Ra." Being that my name is Lindsay I am sure my parents wondered (and we are all still wondering) where I came up with and why I called myself &qu

Time to Catch Up...Chicken Pesto Presto

Ever do nothing...just absolutely nothing you know you should be doing? Prime example....me laying on the couch with my monkey (Vixen) watching Lifetime Movie Network and ignoring the pile of laundry, the empty pantry and the dust collecting on the the furniture...The next day I have to play catch up...cleaning, errands, the norm...Well, it's time for me to do just that...Catch up! Basically, I am going to post a bunch at once! Chicken Pesto Presto - cute name huh? (Thanks RR) This is a really yummy meal and so easy and quite healthy. It reminds me of the chicken my mom always gets at our favorite family restaurant, Arpeggio. So start with chicken breasts. Butterfly them so they look like you are opening a book. Sprinkle with S&P. Put a pot of water to boil on the stove. Add salt. In a food processor combine basil, garlic, parm cheese, S&P, garlic and some lemon zest. Steam in some EVOO. Voila - you made a pesto, minus the pine nuts. For me, they were too

Bon Apetit! Spinach and Artichoke Stuffed Shells

Who doesn't like Italian Food? Looks pretty good huh? And all homemade! This was our vegetarian night. This was really easy and quick. Not to mention not a lot of pots. Take a box of stuffed shells and add about 4 per person to boiling water. Add garlic, EVOO and a box of defrosted chopped spinach to a pan. Put ricotta cheese, rough chopped artichoke hearts, 1 egg yolk and S&P in a bowl. Once spinach mixture is warm, add to ricotta. Add parm cheese and some basil. Toss Quickly! To a casserole dish add a can of whole tomatoes, basil, S&P and butter. Mash tomatoes. When shells are done, spoon the ricotta mixture into the shells and lay into the casserole dish. Sprinkle with parm cheese and cover with foil. Bake at 375 for 20 mins. Then remove the foil and continue baking for 15 mins. Don't worry if you put it in too long. It really can't over cook. You want to make sure the shells are hot. Remember there is a raw egg in the ricotta. When finish